lauantai 24. joulukuuta 2016

Yuletide

Some pictures of our
Yuletide
this year.
We decided to do this (mostly)
:D
 in traditional
Nordic
 style...
~

~
So I sew us a
Julbok 
 family.
~
 ~
Taivaantakoja brought me 
flowers with
 Tomtegubbe
 on our
wedding anniversary day,
20th of december..
~
 ~
On winter solstice
we burned fire to
keep evil spirits away..
~
 ~
Taivaantakoja decided to wear
some Yulered colour for the sake of
celebration..
~

~
And since one of us is pagan and one of us is an
atheist..
Taivaantakoja´s version of
Yule dinner with ancestors..
Well how far back are u ready to go he said..
~
~
 But really.
We had some candles that
I once gave to my nana 
and she gave those back to me before she died.
I lighted one on her dying day
9th of december 2010
and this 
Yule
 I lighted three more of those.
Peikkotyttö said that candles acted bit
strange during our dinner so maybe
she could sense that we missed her and my
grandfather.

~
Happy children..
~
~
~
~
.. and of course since Santa visited  us :)
We were lucky enough to have 
snowy yule
 but yet Santa told that he came
with a helicopter since it was a bit rainy.
~
~
Santa brought Knut one of his
spare suits
so we had a little Santa here for the rest of the evening..
~
 ~
 ~
 ~
I got a cowbell 
from my mama
and some hyacinths.
 ~
~
We wish you all  happy
and peaceful 
Yuletide.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti